Thursday, September 26, 2013

Healthy Breakfast Idea - Pumpkin Breakfast Quinoa

Now that I eat healthier I find myself making my meals more and trying out new recipes. I've still yet to try Quinoa but I like the thought of having it with something sweet rather than something savory. 

How's this for an autumn-inspired morning meal?!? 

**PUMPKIN BREAKFAST QUINOA**


Serves Two

Ingredients:

1/2 cup quinoa
1 cup milk (I used 2 percent)
1 very ripe banana, mashed
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 egg whites
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)

Directions:

  • Combine quinoa, milk, mashed banana and egg whites in a pan on medium heat.
  • Increase heat to medium high and, stirring constantly, allowing mixture to thicken (approximately 10 – 15 minutes)
  • Fluff quinoa, reduce heat to low and slowly stir in pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice
  • Add protein powder and an additional splash of milk if needed
  • Divide quinoa into two bowls and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment