Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Icing on the Cake

Since we're having a destination wedding I don't get the luxury of cake tasting but I still get to decide what I want me cake to look like. And even though the cake is a minor detail in terms of my wants I would like to it be a nice focal point at the reception. Actually I'd prefer to have cakeballs or cupcakes, but a cake will do just fine.

One thing I do know is that I plan on bringing my own cake stand. I like the look better than just having the cake sitting on the table. And I'm also leaning towards a cake that is square instead of a circular cake.

I'm not quite sure exactly what I want just yet, but here's some inspiration that I like! They each cake has some different elements that I love, but thankfully I still have plenty of time to make up my mind : ) .

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="205"]Image Source: Sweet & Saucy Shop[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="182"]Image Source: Pinterest[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="176"]Image Source Unknown[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="234"]Image Source Unknown[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="283"]Image Source: Delightfully Engaged[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="204"]Image Source: One Wed[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="324"]Image Source: Paradise Getaways[/caption]

And this would be the perfect grooms cake for the Mister if we were having an a reception at home!

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="338"]Image Source: One Wed[/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment